About the GardensThe Coralville Community Gardens offer a place for citizens to lease a plot to plant and grow their own fresh produce, herbs, and annual flowers. The gardens feature a fenced area of plots with mulched walkways between them, and raised beds for those with mobility impairments.
(East of 12th Avenue, adjacent to the Coralville Parks, Transit, and Water Facility)
Garden Plot Prices*
|Garden Size||2019 Price|
|10' x 15' plot||$20.00 residents
|10' x 30' plot||$35.00 residents
|8' x 4' accessible raised bed||$10.00 residents
How to Reserve a Plot
- Returning Gardeners: 2018 participants will be mailed a renewal application, due back by February 17, 2019.
- New Gardeners: Coralville residents may register beginning February 25, 2019. Non-residents may register beginning March 4, 2019 if any plots remain open.
- Community Gardens Application (Download PDF)
Coralville Parks & Recreation
Coralville Community Gardens
900 10th St.
Coralville, IA 52241
2019 Garden Season
Opens April 8
Closes the second week of October
(Deadline for renters to clean plots)
- One plot per household; plots are non-transferable.
- Multiple plots may be available upon request, by random draw, if all plots are not leased (priority given to residents).
- The community gardens are chemical free. No synthetic chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, or fertilizers are allowed.
- Only non-perennial plants may be planted. Perennials such as strawberries, rhubarb, or asparagus are not allowed.
- Plots are for plants only. Keeping of animals, fowl, or bees is prohibited.
- Water source(s) at the garden area.
- Mulch and garden waste storage near the gardens.
- Community garden communal tool shed.
- Gardens are tilled at the end of each season.
- Plots are marked with stakes and string. It is the renter’s responsibility to maintain the plot boundary for the season.
Parking & Accessibility
- Parking is available on 10th Street and at the adjacent Parks, Transit, and Water Operations Facility. A small, off-street area near the gardens is available; view garden and parking map (download PDF).
- Driving on the turf is not allowed.