Trails Throughout CoralvilleCoralville has over 20 miles of recreational trails and over extra-wide sidewalks that connect throughout the community. As Coralville grows, we have identified about 40 additional miles of trail which could be part of future development.
Trail development is funded in two ways in Coralville:
- Through state and federal grant programs with match money from local hotel / motel taxes
- Through working with developers as subdivisions are planned to place dual-purpose trails for recreational use and for sewer manhole access
Area Trail & Bike Parking Maps
- Coralville Trails and Overwide Sidewalks
- Coralville / Iowa City Bike Parking
- Iowa Bike Trails mapped by the Iowa Department of Transportation
- Iowa City Metro Area Trails mapped by the Metropolitan Planning Organization of Johnson County
TrailheadsCoralville has several trailheads or facilities to help users enjoy the trail system. Trailheads have parking, restrooms, and amenities such as shelters or concessions. The following serve as trailheads in Coralville:
- Brown Deer Golf Club, 1900 Country Club Dr.
- Tom Harkin Trailhead, 719 Camp Cardinal Blvd.
- Coralville Youth Sports Park, 2280 Dempster Dr.
- Iowa Firefighters Memorial, 1 Russell Slade Blvd. (off exit 242, Interstate-80)
- North Ridge Pavilion, 2250 Holiday Rd.
View Policy for Use of Other Power-Driven Mobility Devices.
Snow RemovalThe City of Coralville's policy is to not remove snow on trails unless they are directly linked to a passageway to a school. Those trails are:
- The Auburn Hills trail segment northeast from Brown Deer Road under the Muddy Creek Bridge to Kate Wickham School
- The Auburn Hills Trail segment north from Kate Wickham School through the woods, and at the T-intersection to go east to Auburn Hills Drive and west to Muddy Creek Lane
- The Oakdale Boulevard Trail from Kate Wickham Elementary to 12th Avenue
- One path through S.T. Morrison Park leading to Northwest Junior High and Kirkwood School complex
- Sidewalks in Central Park that provides access to Coralville Central Elementary School